Make Your Pennies Squeak! with Michelle Jackson
In This Episode…
Michelle Jackson discusses frugality and cutting costs without lowering your quality of life.
Ways to Listen to this Episode:
- Use the player above to listen/download the episode from this page
- Listen on iTunes, iHeartRadio, Google Play Music or Stitcher Radio (don't forget to rate, review and subscribe!)
You should never pay full price for anything.
Debt drags you down when the unexpected happens. But once you pay it off, you've given yourself a raise.
What You Can Do
- Do your research. You can find ways to save, then pick the ones that are easiest and most relevant for your livestyle. (Sites and apps mentioned in this show are listed below in Resources.)
- You can live a great quality of life leaving within your means, but first you have to decide that's what you really want to do. Next, examine your finances to see where there's room to change your system.
- Manage your income. Are there new skills you can learn to boost it? Can you parlay it into a digital-based side hustle? What are you naturally good at that can be marketed for pay?
- Pay off debt as quickly as possible.
Connect with My Guest
Michelle Jackson, Owner and Creative Content Curator, The Shop My Closet Project
The D.O.N.E. Society – Online community for future digital entrepreneurs
Links and Resources
These are the money-saving sites and apps mentioned in this episode, but there are many more!
Honey (browser extension)
Poshmark (secondhand clothing, consignment)
ThredUp.com (secondhand clothing, consignment)